We’ve all heard of Bad Fanfic. We all try very hard not to write it. We go out of our ways to avoid the Mary Sues, the Canon Sues and destroying the characters of your fandom by writing them badly.
But what if you wanted to let go? Take a walk on the Darkside of the tracks? What if you could enter a contest where writing Bad Fanfic was the idea?
Well my friends, here is your chance. Feel free to tell the most absurd and impossible stories without a care in the world. If you want to make Noah Bennet a cross-dresser, if you want to make Sylar fall in love with a gray haired sex fiend, take your best shot and go for it.
1. Stories must all be new: They should be written only for this challenge, because seriously would you want anyone else to see this crap?
2. Word Count should fall between 500 and 2000 words. You may write more than one fic.
3. Grammar and spelling matter: You’re going for bad plot, bad sex, bad characterization not grammar fail. Your story must be readable.
4. Mary/Harry/Canon Sue: Your story must include at least one goddess of everything who saves the day.
5. Posting Details: Please use the following on your posts. Link all fic to your journal.
Characters: all characters and pairings are allowed
Genre: gen, het, slash
Tag your entries with: badffic challenge. If you do not tag it, we won't put it up for vote.
6. Comments: Please comment on the entries. Comments make writers purr. It is like giving Sylar a new power.
7. Due Date: Stories are due April 1st, 2011. You may begin posting them to the comm after March 1st if you’re an early bird over achiever.
8. Voting: Ballots will be posted on April 15th, 2011, giving you plenty of time to read the awful fic. If we get a lot of entries, we may split them up into categories for more specific voting. Voting will end on April 22nd unless we need more votes.
9. Prizes: We’re all poor here, but you will receive a banner for participating. The winner will get an extra special super shiny banner.
10. Copying this idea: YES please feel free to use this challenge for other fandoms!